Fall brings not only Halloween but also football and basketball with it. I thought I’d bring sports and the Halloween spirit together in this post thanks to Sizzlin’ Sauces’ Howlin’ Hollar, my tabletop grill, and a package of chicken drumsticks. Howlin’ Hollar is a sweet heat whose fire kicks in shortly after the sweet. The pumpkin was definitely present in both the taste and smell but it neither bullied nor was bullied by the other elements. If this sounds good to you, I recommend giving these straightforward drumsticks a try. The only way this recipe gets any easier is if you fly me out to your house and have me make it for you.
- 1 bottle Sizzlin’ Sauces Howlin Hollar Hot Sauce with Pumpkin
- 6-12 chicken drumsticks
- Sea Salt
- Fresh crushed black pepper
- While your grill heats up to 350 degrees, remove the skin and veins from the drumsticks. Once that’s done and the grill is hot enough, salt and pepper the chicken to taste and place it on the grill for indirect cooking. Close the lid.
- Ten to fifteen minutes later, check on the birdies. Pour a little of the sauce on each piece and use a grill brush to spread it evenly over each piece. Flip the chicken, close the lid, and wait eight more minutes. Then pour a little sauce on each piece and spread it to cover this half. Close the lid again, wait two to five more minutes before removing the drummies from the grill.
- At this point, I let the drumsticks rest then brushed a little more sauce into the gaps and thin points I missed during grilling.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Gringo Bandito Hot Sauce Unveils 2019 Private Reserve - 11/15/2019
- Chile and Dried Cherry Chocolate Dessert - 11/12/2019
- Chile-Infused Cranberry Cider - 11/06/2019