This Szechwan Asparagus makes a spicy side kick for hot seafood, like the shrimp recipe I posted last week. Try it and let us know how you like it.
Heat Scale: Medium
- 12 spears asparagus, tough ends removed and cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil. When the oil stops shimmering add the garlic, ginger and Sriracha. Cook briefly.
- Add the asparagus and cook five to six minutes or until the asparagus is barely tender. Stir in the oyster sauce and sesame oil. Toss to coat.
The following two tabs change content below.
Grilling & BBQ Editor | Mike holds a “Doctorate of Barbeque Philosophy” (Ph.B.) degree from the Kansas City Barbeque Society. His book Mastering Barbecue has been called the “go-to” book for BBQ knowledge.