Caribbean Sun-of-a Beach Hot Pepper Sauce
Heat Scale: Hot
Write a review
- 1/2 pound red habanero chiles, seeds and stems removed
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 medium papaya, boiled until tender, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Combine the chiles, onion, garlic, papaya, and tomato in a food processor and puree (you may have to do this in batches). Remove to a shallow bowl.
- Combine the vinegar, lime juice, and water in a saucepan and heat until it reaches a slight boil, then sprinkle the thyme, basil, nutmeg, mustard, and turmeric. Pour this hot, spiced mixture over the reserved puree and mix thoroughly. It will last up to eight weeks in the refrigerator.
Burn Blog http://www.burn-blog.com/
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- CaJohn’s New Classic Small Batch Sauces | Interview - 08/17/2016
- Deadline Tonight | Scovie Awards Early Bird Special - 07/15/2016
- 1 Day to Scovie Early Bird Special Deadline! - 07/14/2016