Dave and Dr BBQ go way back. Don’t believe me? Go look up all the stories Ray Lampe packed into Fiery Foods Central, like Dr. BBQ’s Halloween Feast. That’s where I
shamelessly pilfered discovered this recipe for spiced cider.
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 3-inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cups hard apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup brandy
- dash of CaJohn's Frostbite or cayenne pepper to taste
- Tie the allspice in a piece of cheesecloth. Place in a medium saucepan along with the cinnamon stick, cider, orange juice, lemon slices and honey. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove the spice bag and stir in the brandy.
- This being a spicy food blog, I took the liberty of adding in a fire element. ---Editor Masker
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Grilled Vegetable Recipes For Kids Who Hate Vegetables - 07/20/2018
- Grilled Garlic Butter Corn - 07/20/2018
- Grilled Cabbage with Buttermilk-Herb Dressing - 07/20/2018