Oils are another great use for all those chile peppers you grew this summer. This Asian take is good to have on hand with noodles in my opinion. If you want some other ideas, you’ll find ’em here.
Bottles of chile oil decorated with ribbons and tiny paper-mache chiles make nice gifts for anyone who likes to cook. Include an oriental stir fry recipe along with each gift bottle. Note: This recipe requires advance preparation.
- 1 cup small dried red chiles, such as piquins
- 4 cups vegetable oil, peanut preferred
- In a pan, heat the oil to 350 degrees, remove from the heat, and add the chiles.
- Cover the pan and let stand for 12 to 24 hours (the longer it steeps, the hotter the oil). Strain the oil into clean, sterilized jars or bottles.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- FoodToons Secret Ingredients - 09/14/2019
- Hot News Sept 12 2019 Edition - 09/12/2019
- Winter Squash and Apple Chowder with Red Chile–Dusted Croutons - 09/10/2019