Habanero peppers pack a flavor that teams up quite well with fruit. Shamelessly stolen by me from Dave DeWitt’s article Perfectly Pungent Peaches at our sister site, Fiery Foods and Barbecue Central, this recipe is a sure hit for any chilehead who’s big on frozen with their fire.
- 2 cups fresh peach slices
- 1/4 cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp fresh habanero chile minced
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup crushed ice
- mint sprigs for garnish
- In a blender, combine the peaches, lime juice, and chile and puree. Add the rum, sugar, and crushed ice and puree until smooth. Pour into stemmed glasses and garnish with mint sprigs.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023