Thanksgiving is here and it’s time to get spicy with it. To that end, we have this chipotle gravy from the Pope of Peppers himself, Dave Dewitt: “I make this every Thanksgiving that’s held at our house, and a few times in the kitchens of friends. It’s so simple that it really doesn’t need a recipe, but here’s one anyway.” Go here for more spicy and barbecued Thanksgiving ideas.
- pan drippings of a roasted or smoked turkey
- flour as needed
- chicken stock as needed
- 4 rehydrated or canned chipotle chiles minced
Remove as much fat from the pan as possible, and scrape the drippings so that they don’t stick to the pan. Add some flour and stir over medium heat to make a roux. Add the chicken stock and stir well with a whisk. Add the chipotles and keep stirring. Adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding more flour and/or chicken stock. Do not strain the gravy.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- 2024 Scovie Awards Call for Entries - 07/07/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Special: 3 Days Left - 06/29/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Deadline Looms - 06/25/2023