If you’ve been kicking around the idea of entering the Scovie Awards, you’d better hurry if you want to catch our Early Bird Special and save some money. The deadline for the Scovie Awards Early Bird Special is July 1. Now, while you scramble to get your entries in or are straddling the fence as to whether or not to enter, we’ve also got some facts to help you in making that decision.
Here are some Scovie Awards Facts:
- Named after Wilbur Scoville who developed the first chile heat scale in 1912.
- Owned by Sunbelt Shows, producer of the National Fiery Foods & BBQ Show.
- The Scovie Awards are now in their 26th year.
- It is a blind tasting/judging with 80 food industry judges who have never seen a product label.
- Watch a video on our judging methods here.
- There are more than 100 categories to enter products into. One product can be entered into multiple categories.
- Between 2003 and 2015 Garden Fresh Salsa products won a record 258 Scovie Awards; then Campbell Soup bought them for $250 million!
The 2024 Scovie Awards are open for submissions! Now and take advantage of TWO discounts! Enter early for the Early Bird Special AND the multiple entries discount. The Early Bird Special ends on July 1, 2023!
Still thinking about your entries? Below are a few quick links if you have questions:
NOTE: DO NOT MAIL YOUR ENTRIES TO OUR OFFICE ADDRESS. PLEASE SEND THEM TO THE ADDRESS YOU’LL FIND ON THE ENTRY FORM ON THE SCOVIE AWARDS WEBSITE. ANY ENTRIES SENT TO OUR OFFICE ADDRESS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
And if you have any questions, find out more on the Scovies website or email Mark Masker here.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- 2024 Scovie Awards Call for Entries - 07/07/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Special: 3 Days Left - 06/29/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Deadline Looms - 06/25/2023