Then there are twisted people like me, who are more Elmer Fudd and Wile E. Coyote than Easter Bunny. I like to celebrate with this recipe for crock pot rabbit chili. Over the next week or so, I’ll be blogging a few other spicy recipes you can use to turn this holiday on its ear.
- 3-4 lbs. cut up rabbit
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 1 (12 oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 cloves Gil’s Gourmet Habanero Spiced Marinated Garlic
- 5 diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 oz. cooking chocolate, unsweetened
- 2 tsp. red chile powder
- 1 lb. black beans, soaked overnight and drained
- Set the crock pot on high.
- Stew the rabbit, onion, and enough water to cover the rabbit until the meat is tender enough to remove the bones. Retain the juices in a stock pot.
- Chop the rabbit up, then combine it with everything else but the juices in the crock pot. Add just enough of the juices to cover the rest of the ingredients. Resume cooking either on low for another four hours or high for two hours.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- 505 Southwestern Rolls Out New Red Salsas - 10/27/2020
- Traeger Grills Election Campaign – Right Wing, Left Wing…Mmmm Wings - 10/21/2020
- How Did Chile Peppers get to New Mexico? - 10/20/2020