Aramark being the food and beverage partner for nine MLB stadiums, it makes sense that they’d change up the rotation when it comes to baseball fare. This season they reimagined the classic concession staples we’ve all come to know and love. Here’s a taste of what you can expect at those nine lucky stadiums, starting opening day:
Dressed Up Dogs
During the 2015 MLB season, Aramark expects hungry baseball fans will consume more than four million hot dogs at the ballparks it serves. While classics, like the Fenway Frank, will always be available, several ballparks are dressing up their hot dogs and sausages with a tip of the cap to local flavors or unexpected ingredients.
- Citizens Bank Park, South Philly Dog– Phillies Frank topped with roasted red peppers, sharp provolone and broccoli rabe (Section 134).
- Coors Field, Taco Dog– Chorizo dog topped with cheese, lettuce and pico de gallo (Section 137).
- Kauffman Stadium, Steak & Cheese Dog– Hot dog topped with chopped Philly steak and cheese sauce (Sections 247 and 208).
- PNC Park, Cuban Pretzel Dog– Foot-long, all-beef hot dog topped with slices of ham, pulled pork, Swiss cheese, Dijon mustard and pickles, on a pretzel hoagie roll (Section 144).
- Rogers Centre, Peameal Bacon Sausage– Peameal bacon sausage topped with caramelized onions and honey mustard, on a cornmeal bun (Hogtown Grill, Sections 120 and 128).
The humble French fry gets a major upgrade, when dressed in the following gourmet toppings, offering an entirely new culinary canvas for Aramark chefs.
- Citi Field, Pat LaFrieda Filet Mignon Steak Frites– Waffle Fries topped with Pat LaFrieda filet mignon, caramelized onions and cheese sauce (Promenade Club LaFrieda Stand).
- Minute Maid Park, Gourmet Fries– Fresh cut garlic and parmesan, brisket topped curly fries and more (Street Eats, Section 126).
- PNC Park, Riverwalk Fries– Large cut fries topped with jalapeno cheese sauce, crispy bacon, a dollop of sour cream and chives (Section 144).
- Rogers Centre, Liberty Village Sausage Poutine– Crisp cut fries topped with traditional gravy, cheese curds, caramelized onions, sautéed peppers, smoked farmer’s sausage and peameal bacon sausage (Toronto Street Eats, Section 134).
This is just a fraction of the yummy you can expect. Find the full list, including celebrity chefs involved, here.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Byron Bay Chilli Co | Chilli and Lime Skewered Prawns - 02/26/2021
- African Dream Foods Launches Spices and Sauces - 02/25/2021
- Meaty Matters: The Carne in Chili - 02/24/2021