Dave wrote a good piece about spring grilling on the Super Site. I thought I’d share this wonderful side act of his for your consideration. No, you can’t use canned or frozen—this recipe only works with fresh asparagus, so take advantage of these spring asparagus months. This is an excellent accompaniment to grilled seafood, too. Note: You can reduce the marinade in a small pan and serve it over the grilled asparagus.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh preferred
- 2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley or rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- Combine all the ingredients for the mop in a bowl and mix well. Cut off the tough stem ends of the asparagus, rinse and place in non-reactive, shallow bowl. Pour the mop over the asparagus and marinate, at room temperature, for an hour.
- Start the grill or a charcoal fire. Grill the asparagus over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until done but still crisp.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Singapore Fish Head Curry - 11/30/2021
- Herb-Scented Roast Turkey (Tacchino alla Porchetta) - 11/16/2021
- Prawn Curry (Gulai Udang) - 11/15/2021