A simple marinade and quick grilling on a salt block makes for a fast and tasty side dish that pairs well with any entrée. Note: This recipe requires advance preparation. Read the entire article on salt block cooking by Mike Stines here.
- Slice the peppers into 1/3-inch wide strips. Place the peppers and asparagus in a container and add the marinade. Marinate the vegetables for an hour or up to four hours. Remove the vegetables from the marinade and drain. Discard the marinade.
- Prepare a salt block for high heat cooking and sauté the vegetables for two to three minutes per side or until crisp tender.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Publisher | Christened the "Pope of Peppers" by The New York Times, Dave DeWitt is a food historian and one of the foremost authorities in the world on chile peppers, spices, and spicy foods.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Enchiladas Verdes con Chile Pasado - 02/08/2023
- Smoked Oysters with Ancho Chile Sauce - 01/13/2023
- Machaca Sierra Madre - 01/11/2023