The County Line near Sandia Resort makes a very tasty smoked pork loin stuffed with chiles and cheese. They’re a two-day drive from my house so when I got the urge for the dish I hopped on the motorcycle and took the much shorter trip to the grocery store for a quicker take on it, via some thick end cut chops and a few select ingredients instead.
- 4 end cut boneless chops, 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick
- 1 green chile pepper seeds and veins removed, finely chopped
- 1 Garnish: Snipped fresh chives, finely chopped green onion tops, or chopped wild garlic leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, shredded
- Your favorite spice rub
Servings: pork chops
- Start heating your grill for direct cooking.
- With the pork chops on a cutting board, cut into them horizontally, stopping just short of cutting them all the way. Coat them inside and out with the spice rub. Open each chop like a book and stuff each one with the cheese, pepper, and onion.
- Close them back up. Set them on the grill. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side with the lid closed and serve.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023