The addition of cumin and chiles give these pork chops a wonderful Southwestern flavor. You can grill them over charcoal, gas, or wood. Note: This recipe requires advance preparation.
- 6 green New Mexican chiles, roasted, peeled, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 thick-cut pork chops
- Combine all the ingredients, except the pork, and marinate the pork in the mixture for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the chops from the marinade and grill until done.
- Serving Suggestions: The remaining marinade can be boiled for a few minutes and served on the side as a sauce.
Heat Scale: Medium