One great thing about Byron Bay Chilli Co is that their recipes always make me think of the beach. That’s really valuable when you’re cooped up during late-winter cold. The combination of coconut hot sauce and prawns is a terrific team-up no matter what season it is, though.
24 large prawns
2 tablespoons chopped coriander
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup BBCC Fiery Coconut Chilli Sauce
- Shell and de-vein prawns and place in a shallow dish.
- Mix coriander, garlic, lime juice, chilli and oil together. Pour over prawns and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place prawns on metal or bamboo skewers and grill about 3 minutes on each side while basting with chilli sauce.
- Serve prawns hot off the grill with coconut jasmine rice.
- Cooled prawns can also be served on salad greens. Drizzle with a vinaigrette made with oil, lime juice and a dash of chilli sauce.
Baste with BBCC Spicy Sweet Chilli Sauce or do half and half with both sauces.
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023