News flash: spicy chicken sandwiches aren’t just found in fast food restaurants. You can actually make them at home. All sarcasm aside, this one from Byron Bay Chilli Co carries much more flavor than you’ll find at a drive-thru window. What’s more, sliced roast beef or lamb can be substituted for chicken. Although it calls for the company’s lemongrass hot sauce, their Fiery Coconut Chilli Sauce, Heavenly Habanero, Green Jalapeno, Red Cayenne, Smokin’ Mango Chilli all will work well with this recipe too. And, of course, the sandwiches can be assembled, wrapped, and refrigerated overnight for grilling the next day, as well. Shoot, in five months you may even want to make a turkey version with your Thanksgiving leftovers…
Toasted Spicy Chicken Sandwich Ingredients
- 1 roasted chicken
- 1 long loaf Turkish bread
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons taco or chilli seasoning
- 250ml Spicy Lemongrass Chilli Sauce
- 1 small to medium sliced red onion
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 cup shredded tasty cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove meat from bones and slice.
- Cut the bread into 4 equal portions and carefully slice lengthwise.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, coriander and seasoning in a bowl. Spread each half of bread with mayonnaise mixture and drizzle with chilli sauce.
- Lay chicken on bottom half of bread and season with salt and pepper. Layer red onion, avocado and cheese on chicken and top with other half of bread.
- In a dry pan over medium-high heat or in a sandwich toaster, toast sandwiches on both sides until heated through. Bread should be crisp and cheese melted. Cut in half and serve hot.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- 2024 Scovie Awards Call for Entries - 07/07/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Special: 3 Days Left - 06/29/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Deadline Looms - 06/25/2023