Now, when we say “hot brandy sauce,” we don’t just mean that it’s conventionally warm. Byron Bay Chilli Co used their Heavenly Habanero Chilli Sauce both in it and in the apple cinnamon cheesecake proper. Make this for your guests and we’re sure they won’t forget it.
Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake with Hot Brandy Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 125g butter
- 1 tablespoon BBCC Heavenly Habanero Chilli Sauce
- 500g cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large green apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- hot brandy sauce (page 61)
- whipped cream (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons BBCC Heavenly Habanero Chilli Sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons cream
- makes 1½ cups
- Combine flour, sugar and vanilla in a processor. Cut in butter by pulsing it until the mixture has the consistency of coarse meal.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 23 cm springform pan.
- Bake at 180°C for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature and increase oven heat to 200°C.
- Pass the chilli sauce through a sieve and place it in the processor along with the cream cheese and sugar. Blend until smooth. Add the eggs and process until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the crust.
- Mix the apples with sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Spoon it over the cream cheese layer, spreading evenly, and sprinkle with walnuts. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 180°C and continue baking for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake to room temperature. Serve with a drizzle of hot brandy sauce and whipped cream.
Brandy Sauce Instructions
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the brown and caster sugars.
- Pour the chilli sauce through a sieve into the pan and the add remaining ingredients, stirring continuously while the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and serve warm over cheesecake.
Photo by Nelly le Comte
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023