Usually when you hear the word “tapenade” spoken while watching football or basketball, it’s grounds for revoking one’s man card. This tradition goes back to the cavemen, who, not having olive spread handy, never used it on charred mammoth. Thus, a tasty sammich spread never found its way into the manly lexicon of acceptable condiments (unlike ketchup and mustard, which as we all know, occurred naturally in large pools back then—I saw that on Fox News, so it must be true).
All kidding aside, Sizzlin’ Sauces’ Mojo’s Tapenade blends Kalamata olives with sun dried tomatoes into a great spread that goes wonderfully with not just French bread but also burgers and dogs. If you want something sweeter, try the Razing Cane Garlic Relish. It’s sweet, sour, and has just a hint of habanero. Recently, I snuck some of each into the Italian sausage sandwiches I was grilling up before a game for some friends and they loved it.
- 6 Italian sausage links
- 3 green bell peppers
- 6 bolillo rolls (cut open)
- Sizzlin’ Sauces Mojo’s Tapenade and/or garlic spread
- Gorgonzola cheese
- Olive oil
- Heat your grill to medium high.
- Gut the peppers, cut it them half, and place it and the sausages on the grate, close the lid, and turn the sausages in three to five minutes.
- Close the lid and repeat the process until done.
- You’ll want to turn the pepper halves once their color goes to a more olive green.
- Once the peppers and sausage are done, remove them and slice the pepper halves into thirds.
- Drizzle the cut open rolls with a little olive oil.
- Spread either the tapenade or the garlic spread on each and place a sausage in the roll, then top it with gorgonzola cheese.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Byron Bay Chilli Co | Chilli and Lime Skewered Prawns - 02/26/2021
- African Dream Foods Launches Spices and Sauces - 02/25/2021
- Meaty Matters: The Carne in Chili - 02/24/2021