I’m not sure why using tikka masala sauce in a lasagna sounded like a good idea. I’m not even sure how the idea hit me; I was, after all, sober. Regardless, baking the crock pot lasagna I had planned with an Indian twist seemed like a good idea at the time.
You can judge it for yourself. This being my first test run, I kept the tikka masala part pretty simple: 30 oz of Trader Joe’s sauce subbed in for marinara. Baking it in the crockpot worked pretty well, also.
- 4 lbs cooked, chopped chicken breast
- 30 oz tikka masala sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 chopped peppers (1 each red, yellow, and orange)
- 8-10 lasagna noodles
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella 1/2 cup water
- Mix the chicken and sauce in a bowl.
- Coat the bottom of a 6-quart crock pot with a layer of the mixture.
- Lay down a layer of noodles. You’ll have to break them up to fit.
- Coat the noodle layer with ricotta. Top that with some shredded cheese and bell pepper.
- Repeat the above layering process until you run out of pasta.
- Pour the water over the top layer.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.