The other day Burn! barbecue contributor extraordinaire Mike Stines and I were talking about The Pope of Peppers and just how much more he knows about chile peppers than we ever will. Dave never ceases to surprise me and now he’s solved a modern problem faced by many a chilehead: what beverage in the blue Hell is right to serve with spicy food?
I’m referring to a story Dave just ran over at the Super Site, titled “Firewater: Beverage Etiquette Solved at Last.” Dave has strategies and insights into serving up a fiery feast with the right drink ideas for each course, from pre-feast cocktails to cool-down drinks after the last morsel vanishes. You can see the full story here, complete with recipes. Here’s the recipe Dave gives for chilling off with a Brandy Alexander Cool-Down in case you’re too lazy to click the link:
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 ounce brown creme de cacao
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream, slightly softened dash of nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process. Serve in dessert glasses.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Yelemecam Sadam (Lime Rice) - 04/14/2021
- Increasing Pepper Yield in Your Garden - 04/13/2021
- Spicy Chicken Salad with Macadamias | Byron Bay Chilli Co - 04/08/2021