This recipe and others can be found in the following article: The Tongue-Numbing “Flower Pepper” of Sichuan Province by Kimberly Dukes
- Roast the peppercorns in a heavy pan over medium heat.
- The peppercorns will smoke. (Moderate the heat so that they don't burn). Once they smoke, take them off the heat and cool.
- In a food processor or spice grinder, grind the peppercorns and the salt until you have a fine powder.
- Sift to remove the shells. Store the pepper salt in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023