For as much as I absolutely love great pesto, I’m always looking for a way to do it differently. This sundried tomato version from Central isn’t just great on pasta, it also works well on sandwiches in my opinion. Try it for yourself and see!
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/3 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with warm water for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- In a food processor or blender combine sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts and onion; process until well blended. Add vinegar, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and red wine, and process.
- Stir in olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt to taste.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023