Byron Bay Chilli Co adapted this recipe from The Whole Chile Pepper Book, by Dave Dewitt and Nancy Gerlach, into the flautas you see here.
Byron Bay Chilli Co: Chicken Flautas with Avocado Hot Sauce Ingredients
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 chicken breasts, poached, skin removed, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded tasty cheese
- 24 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil for frying
Avocado Hot Sauce:
- 2 large avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup BBCC Salsa Picante or Green Jalapeno Chilli Sauce
- 1 large jalapeno chilli, chopped
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until soft.
- Mix the onion, chicken, coriander, cumin and sour cream.
- Heat the oil and cook the tortillas, one at a time, for a few seconds to soften,
being careful they do not become too crisp.
- Overlap two tortillas (cover one half of one with the other) and place on it a couple
of tablespoons of the filling.
- Sprinkle with cheese, roll tightly, and secure with toothpicks.
- Deep fry until crisp and browned, then drain.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve with avocado sauce and salsa on the side for dipping.
Avocado Hot Sauce:
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve with beans, rice and salad
Serves :12 flautas
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023