Although the recipes may vary from place to place, the bottom line with ranch-style eggs is that they are delicious for a hearty breakfast or a brunch served with refried beans and hash browned potatoes.
- Heat the chile sauce in a frying pan.
- Crack the eggs in the sauce, cover with a lid and poach the eggs to desired consistency.
- Heat a couple of inches of oil in a pan. Fry each tortilla in the oil only for a few seconds a side until soft, remove and drain on paper towels.
- To serve, slip the eggs with the sauce onto the tortillas, add the grated cheddar cheese, garnish with the tomatoes, and serve.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Publisher | Christened the "Pope of Peppers" by The New York Times, Dave DeWitt is a food historian and one of the foremost authorities in the world on chile peppers, spices, and spicy foods.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Enchiladas Verdes con Chile Pasado - 02/08/2023
- Smoked Oysters with Ancho Chile Sauce - 01/13/2023
- Machaca Sierra Madre - 01/11/2023