Byron Bay Chilli Co created this savory take on cheesecake that stars none other than the jalapeno pepper.
- 2/250g containers cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup Byron Bay Chilli Green Jalapeno Chilli Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapenos (with or without seeds)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Sliced baguettes, crackers or corn chips (to serve)
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 finely sliced spring onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons BBCC Green Jalapeno Chilli Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Oil and line with baking paper a 6-inch spring form pan. Combine all ingredients in a processor and blend until cream cheese is smooth. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes at 180°. Let cool for 15 minutes, remove sides of pan and then refrigerate for several hours.
- To serve, invert cheesecake on platter and peel off baking paper.
Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour while making the salsa topping.
- Combine all ingredients for salsa and spoon over cheesecake just before serving.
- Serve on a platter with bread, crackers or chips, so people can spoon a bit onto their favorite dip carrier.
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Crab-Stuffed Deviled Eggs - 05/16/2022
- UNLIMEAT Plant-based Jerky Begins Crowdfunding on Kickstarter - 05/12/2022
- Chunky Tunisian Fish Soup - 04/22/2022