Here’s a great recipe from Russell Siu that’s incredibly easy to make. You can add some heat by adding a hotter sauce to the sweet chile sauce. Serve these tidbits over rice accompanied by a spinach salad.
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 4 chicken thighs, deboned and cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- ½ cup Asian sweet chile sauce
- In a bowl, combine the flour and cornstarch. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Deep fry the tidbits in 350°F oil for 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and toss in the sweet chile sauce.
The following two tabs change content below.
Publisher | Christened the "Pope of Peppers" by The New York Times, Dave DeWitt is a food historian and one of the foremost authorities in the world on chile peppers, spices, and spicy foods.