This Spicy Chicken Salad mixture can be made a day in advance and refrigerated. That way the flavors get to meld and intensify before you serve it. To make it nice and hot, add Byron Bay Chilli Co Heavenly Habanero Hot Sauce to your taste.
Spicy Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 4 chicken breast fillets, poached and cooled
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup roughly chopped roasted macadamias
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- ½ cup plain thick yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream or mayonnaise
- 250ml Fiery Coconut Hot Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Assorted baby lettuce leaves
- 2 firm, ripe avocados, sliced
- 2 firm, ripe mangoes, sliced
- ½ cup toasted shredded coconut
- Sliced fresh red chilies (optional)
- Cut the poached chicken into bite-size pieces and combine with the green onions, macadamias and coriander.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, sour cream and chilli sauce. Add to the chicken mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Season with salt to taste and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On 4 large chilled plates, place lettuce leaves in the center and mound chicken salad on top. Arrange avocado and mango slices around the salad and sprinkle with toasted coconut and chilies.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Yelemecam Sadam (Lime Rice) - 04/14/2021
- Increasing Pepper Yield in Your Garden - 04/13/2021
- Spicy Chicken Salad with Macadamias | Byron Bay Chilli Co - 04/08/2021