This smoked black bean dip recipe is part of a multi-part series devoted to chipotles–those many varieties of smoked chiles. You can go here to start reading–and cooking with–chipotles of all kinds.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced (or 2 chipotles reydrated in wine vinegar)
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Diced yellow bell peppers for garnish
- Cilantro leaf for garnish
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the onion and garlic and saute until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the cumin, salt, and chipotles and cook for about two minutes.
- Puree the beans in a food processor with a little water until you have a smooth paste. Add the paste to the mixture in the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Chile Chocolate Pecan Pie - 01/10/2022
- Tiger Prawns with Red Chile - 12/15/2021
- Pan-Fried Porterhouse Steaks with Lynchburg Pan Sauce - 12/13/2021