This recipe is part of a five-part series devoted to chipotles—those many varieties of smoked chiles. You can go here to start reading about (and cooking with) chipotles of all kinds.
Smoky Chipotle Pesto Ingredients
- 1 can chipotle chiles in adobo (or 1/2 cup chipotles rehydrated in wine vinegar)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or lime juice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or romano cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas) or piñon nuts, toasted
- 1 cup canola oil
- Combine the chipotles, garlic, and vinegar in a food processor and puree. Add the cheese and pumpkin seeds.
- With the processor running, drizzle in the oil until the desired consistency is reached (you may not need all the oil).
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Weber Grills | Chicken and Pepper Nachos - 06/22/2021
- 2022 Scovie Awards: Kid Friendly Categories - 06/22/2021
- Weber Grills: Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Shrimp Poppers - 06/21/2021