The heat of this grilled tomatillo shrimp kebab is controlled by the number of jalapeño strips used. Milder fresh chiles can also be substituted to tame down this dish. Note: This recipe requires advance preparation.
Grilled Tomatillo Shrimp Ingredients
- 2 tomatillos
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh preferred
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound shelled shrimp, tails left on
- 4 to 6 jalapeños, stems and seeds removed, cut in strips
- Place the tomatillos on a hot skillet and roast for a couple of minutes or until blackened on all sides.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until soft.
- Place the tomatillos, onion mixture, lime juice, and black pepper in a blender and puree until smooth. Stir in the cilantro.
- Marinate the shrimp in the mixture for an hour. Remove and thread on skewers along with the chile strips. Place the marinade in a pan and heat.
- Grill until just done (a few minutes on each side) and serve with the sauce on the side.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- 2024 Scovie Awards Call for Entries - 07/07/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Special: 3 Days Left - 06/29/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Deadline Looms - 06/25/2023