The heat of this grilled tomatillo shrimp kebab is controlled by the number of jalapeño strips used. Milder fresh chiles can also be substituted to tame down this dish. Note: This recipe requires advance preparation.
Grilled Tomatillo Shrimp Ingredients
- 2 tomatillos
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh preferred
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound shelled shrimp, tails left on
- 4 to 6 jalapeños, stems and seeds removed, cut in strips
- Place the tomatillos on a hot skillet and roast for a couple of minutes or until blackened on all sides.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until soft.
- Place the tomatillos, onion mixture, lime juice, and black pepper in a blender and puree until smooth. Stir in the cilantro.
- Marinate the shrimp in the mixture for an hour. Remove and thread on skewers along with the chile strips. Place the marinade in a pan and heat.
- Grill until just done (a few minutes on each side) and serve with the sauce on the side.
Photo by Sharon Murillo from Pexels
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023