Byron Bay Chilli Co makes this colorful take on the Aztec Calendar salad and if you’ve never made one, you should. There are all kinds of variants you can conjure up with a little additional creativity, changing up not just the spicy factor but also going in different directions. Think about how this would be with Yucatan-style seafood, for one thing.
Byron Bay Chilli Co | Aztec Calendar Ingredients
- 1 300g BBCC Smoky Red Bean Salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1-2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- coriander sprigs to taste
- sliced jalapeno peppers (fresh or pickled – optional)
- 1-2 bags BBCC Corn chips
- Cover a medium platter with the Smoky Red Bean Salsa, leaving a 1 1/2 ” border around the edge.
- Spread guacamole over that, leaving a small border of salsa and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Arrange shredded lettuce like spokes of a wheel and fill in alternating wedges with olives, tomatoes and spring onions.
- Before serving, spoon a mound of sour cream in the center and garnish with chillis and coriander.
- Tuck corn chips around the outer edge.
- If you prefer yours heated, layer salsa, guacamole and cheese on a pizza pan and heat in a 200 degree oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add remaining ingredients.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- 2024 Scovie Awards Call for Entries - 07/07/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Special: 3 Days Left - 06/29/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Deadline Looms - 06/25/2023