Byron Bay Chilli Co not only offers up some great unique sauces they also have terrific recipes for them on their website. Case in point: this beef noodle stirfry. And, of course, if beef isn’t an option for you, pork, chicken or tofu work pretty well with this dish too.
Byron Bay Chilli Co Beef Noodle Stirfry Ingredients
- 250g beef steak
- 450g hokkien noodles
- 1 large carrot, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 red capsicum, cut in thin strips
- 1 tin baby corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, cut in fine slivers
- 1 fresh red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- ½ cup Fiery Coconut Chilli Sauce
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 limes, cut in wedges
- Thinly slice beef and set aside.
- Soak noodles as per directions and drain.
- Prepare all vegetables and keep separate in bowls.
- To make the cooking sauce, combine chilli sauce, chicken stock, soy sauce and cornstarch and set aside.
- Heat a wok or deep fry pan and add oils, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and stir-fry briefly. Add beef strips and stir-fry until just lightly cooked.
- Next add carrots and a drizzle of cooking sauce and cook for 1 minute. Then add remaining vegetables and stir-fry until just cooked but still crisp. Add noodles and remaining cooking sauce and gently combine all ingredients. Stir-fry just until noodles are heated.
- Divide stir-fry into 4 deep bowls and garnish with basil leaves and lime wedges.
Photo by Nelly leComte
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Ninja Makes an Outdoor Grill Now? Yes. Yes, They Do - 09/21/2022
- Wright Brand Celebrates 100 Years of Bacon - 09/14/2022
- White Castle Bumps Up 1921 Slider Line-Up - 09/07/2022