Byron Bay Chilli Company has some great recipes on their website and this one for Moroccan vegetables and couscous is just one of ’em. They recommend serving the dish with a roasted chile pepper salad that’s made by combining roughly chopped roasted peppers and fresh tomatoes, minced onion, garlic and parsley seasoned with salt, pepper, cumin and dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. If you need meat, serve this dish with roasted chicken or grilled lamb on the side.
Moroccan Vegetables with Couscous Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or ghee
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons BBCC Heavenly Habanero Chilli Sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups cooked chick peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- ¼ cup sultanas
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- steamed couscous
- BBCC Red Cayenne Chilli Sauce to taste
- Heat oil (or ghee) in a pot over medium heat and add the onion, capsicum, ginger and spices to it. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes, stock, chilli sauce, lemon juice, chick peas and parsley. Stir to combine and season with salt to taste. Turn the heat down, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are just tender.
- Add the zucchini and sultanas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander just before serving. Spoon the curry over the couscous and serve with red chilli sauce on the side.