Coconut Mango Chicken Breast Ingredients
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons BBCC Heavenly Habanero Chilli Sauce
- 2 tablespoons BBCC Fiery Coconut Chilli Sauce
- 1/2 cup Greek style yogurt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- ripe mango slices
- Brown the chicken breast fillets in hot oil on both sides. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the chilli sauces and yogurt. Turn the heat to low and pour the yogurt mixture over the chicken. Cover with a lid and cook gently for 15 minutes.
Almond Rice Pilaf Ingredients
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup currants and/or finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Saute the rice and onion together in hot oil until golden. Add the garlic and stir briefly.
- Pour over broth, turn heat to low, and cover with lid. Steam for 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the dried fruit and nuts. Replace the lid and allow to sit 2 minutes.
- To mould rice, scoop with a plastic measuring cup and press in firmly with the back of a spoon. Turn out rice onto each plate. Place a chicken fillet on the side, drizzle with yogurt sauce and sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve ripe mango slices on the side.
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.