This oyster ceviche dish gets its heat from habanero chiles and a delicious twist from fresh mint. Make it when you have access to plenty of fresh oysters.
If you don’t have a habanero, you can substitute jalapenos.
Oyster Ceviche Ingredients
- 48 oysters, shucked
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 habanero chile, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Garnish:
- Lettuce leaves
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Tomato wedges
- Place the oysters in a large ceramic bowl and cover them with the lime and lemon juices. Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain the oysters and reserve 1/4 cup of the juice. Add the remaining ingredients to the oysters, along with the reserved juice, and toss the mixture gently.
- Line 6 plates with the lettuce leaves, arrange 8 oysters on top of the lettuce and garnish with fresh mint and tomato wedges.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Pringles and Hot Ones Team Up to Release Limited-Edition Lineup - 05/23/2022
- Crab-Stuffed Deviled Eggs - 05/16/2022
- UNLIMEAT Plant-based Jerky Begins Crowdfunding on Kickstarter - 05/12/2022