This pumpkin roasted with chickpeas and lentils makes a nice addition to that Halloween or Thanksgiving culinary arsenal you’ve been building over the years. For as much as turkey stuffing is nice to eat and all, it’s good to change things up over the holidays and this Moroccan-based side dish does exactly that.
Butternut/ Pumpkin Roast with Chickpeas and Lentils Ingredients
- 1kg butternut or pumpkin cut into chunks (Potato or Sweet potato can also be used)
- 1 jar Nando’s Moroccan Curry Cooking Sauce
- 250ml Cream
- 60g (1/4 cup) parmesan cheese
- 60g (1/4 cup) bread crumbs
- 30g (1/4 cup) fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Boil Butternut/ Pumpkin/ Potato in 1 L boiling water and 5ml Salt for 20 min. Drain excess water off.
- Place Butternut/ Pumkin/ Potato in an ovenproof dish.
- Blend the Chickpea & Lentil cooking sauce with the cream and pour over the cooked pumkin/ butternut/ potato
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, Bread crumbs and Coriander and bake in preheated oven for 15 min.
Latest posts by Dave DeWitt (see all)
- Planked Sockeye Salmon with Mango Chutney and Chipotle - 05/11/2022
- Chicken Paprika with Dumplings - 05/09/2022
- Sichuan-Marinated Grilled Tilapia - 05/02/2022