To get South American style beef ribs have the butcher cut through the bone and produce strips of ribs. There’s no marinade except olive oil, a few spices, and salt and pepper—this is because you’re meant to serve your meat with Chimmichurri sauce.
Asado Beef Ribs Ingredients
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher or sea salt
- 6 pounds beef ribs, trimmed and cut across the bones
- 2 bottles of your favorite beer
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill to 300 degrees F.
- For the rub, in a small bowl, combine the pepper, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, and salt and mix well.
- Rub the ribs with the spice mixture and transfer them to a covered roasting pan or Dutch oven. Pour beer around the beef (not over it), cover the pan, and cook over direct heat on the barbecue for 3 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the pan and cut into individual portions. Transfer the ribs back to the grill, close the grill cover, and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until they are crusty and tender. Serve with chimichurri sauce.