Poultry rub is one of the simplest things to mix and adds a lot to your cooked bird. Yes, I know there are a ton of perfectly good pre-made spice rubs out there but for some of us making our own is pretty fun and rewarding. What’s great about this one is that it can be used for any poultry–chicken, duck, pheasant, game hen, or turkey.
Poultry Rub Ingredients
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients and blend to a thick paste. (If using skinless chicken, add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to the paste.)
- Rub the paste over the poultry, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023