This is a great dish for vegetarians! Just make sure that you use vegetable broth, not chicken or beef stock.
Spicy-Hot Tomato Soup Ingredients
- 8 tomatoes (plum tomatoes are best)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 9 ounces. bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 bunch fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small chile pod, red, hot (Thai, Serrano, or Birdseye), seeds and stem removed, chopped (or more to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slit tomatoes on the top and submerge in boiling water for a minute. Remove from water, peel and remove seeds.
- Combine the tomatoes with the vegetable broth in a blender and puree. Remove and heat in a pan until hot.
- Place sliced bread in four soup plates or bowls.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, basil, garlic, and chile and mix well. Pour heated tomato mixture over the bread and top with garlic-basil-oil mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- UPSIDE Foods Gets U.S. FDA Green Light for Cultivated Meat - 11/17/2022
- Traeger and MEATER Holiday Deals: Save $400 - 11/15/2022
- Danny Trejo Launches Signed, Numbered Limited Edition Hot Sauce - 11/10/2022