As you know, avocados quickly turn brown after they’re cut, so guacamole starts to look pretty yucky if you make it too far in advance. The best way to prepare and serve this traditional Mexican appetizer is to let your guests watch you grind up the ingredients in the molcajete, then let them start dipping right away.
Guacamole de Molcajete Ingredients
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion
- 2 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 2 large, ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime, or to taste
- Using the tejolote, grind the garlic to a paste in the molcajete. Add the onion and jalapenos and grind until blended. Add the avocados, crushing just until blended. Stir in the tomato, cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and serve immediately.
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023