We’ve seen a lot of cool things at the Fiery Foods Show over the years (and some not so cool ones, like, say a certain chile pepper blog editor falling out on the show floor after the Execution Station Challenge, but I digress). This year, though, we’ve got a very cool treat for you: the U.S. premiere of Chiliheads during the show in the Eagle Room.
The film unfolds as a colorful cinematographic investigation; scientific, historical and sociological, recounting the story of man and pepper from their “first encounter” until now. By engaging farmers, producers, chefs, scientists, historians and even psychoanalysts, the film deconstructs the incredible history of hot peppers and our crazy relationship to them. This formidable story then brings us back to our time, where small producers discretely wage a small war, to push the limits, in an attempt to win the title of “strongest pepper in the
So what is this curious love story between man and this forbidden fruit? A twisted tale of love until you burn? This questioning brings us to shed a light on the craziest and most surprising side of human being and of this little fruit who tried to protect itself with a solid self-defense system in order to avoid being eaten. of the relationship: always looking for thrills, always pushing the limits a little further, a little harder, regardless of the cost.
Nominations at the 2021 Gemini Awards
- BEST DOCUMENTARY PROGRAM OR SERIES: NATURE, SCIENCE AND ENVIRONMENT | Alexandre Gravel, Ian Quenneville, Luce Roy
- BEST DOCUMENTARY PRODUCTION: BIOGRAPHY OR PORTRAIT, ARTS AND CULTURE, NATURE, SCIENCE AND ENVIRONMENT – PROGRAM | Julien Fréchette
- BEST PHOTOGRAPHIC DIRECTION: PUBLIC AFFAIRS, DOCUMENTARY – EMISSION | Mathéo Lemay
- Friday, March 4: 6pm
- Saturday, March 5: 2pm and 4pm
- Sunday, March 6: 1pm and 3pm
There won’t be a separate admission fee but you’re on your own for spicy popcorn. Knowing our exhibitors, I’d bet someone will pick up on that and have some available for sale in their booth, though. Can’t wait to see you there!
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Ninja Makes an Outdoor Grill Now? Yes. Yes, They Do - 09/21/2022
- Wright Brand Celebrates 100 Years of Bacon - 09/14/2022
- White Castle Bumps Up 1921 Slider Line-Up - 09/07/2022