“I want a Bloody Mary but I don’t want a Bloody Mary.” That might be a good way to describe this version of the tomato-based concoction that people stuff with everything from celery sticks to fried chicken. The BM is based around either vodka or tequila but if you’re looking for an alternative to hard booze and a different bit of flavor, consider this version. It swaps on jalapeño wine for a lighter take on the Bloody Mary. With a variety of chile pepper wines on the market, though, you needn’t be limited to just ones of the jalapeño persuasion.
- 3 ounces Jalapeño Pepper Wine
- 1 1/2 cups Bloody Mary mix or tomato juice
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp Horseradish, if desired
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 pieces of bacon or celery to garnish
- Shake the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and pour over ice in tall glass or two. Feel free to go buck wild with the garnish! We've seen everything from shrimp to onion rings, to fried chicken. Go for it.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023