The deadline for the Scovie Awards Early Bird Special is July 1. Now, while you scramble to get your entries in or are straddling the fence as to whether or not to enter, we’ve got some facts to help you in making that decision.
Here are some Scovie Awards Facts:
- Named after Wilbur Scoville who developed the first chile heat scale in 1912.
- Owned by Sunbelt Shows, producer of the National Fiery Foods & BBQ Show.
- The Scovie Awards are now in their 26th year.
- It is a blind tasting/judging with 80 food industry judges who have never seen a product label.
- Watch a video on our judging methods here.
- There are more than 100 categories to enter products into. One product can be entered into multiple categories.
- Between 2003 and 2015 Garden Fresh Salsa products won a record 258 Scovie Awards; then Campbell Soup bought them for $250 million.
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- 2024 Scovie Awards Call for Entries - 07/07/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Special: 3 Days Left - 06/29/2023
- 2024 Scovie Awards Early Bird Deadline Looms - 06/25/2023