British Radiologist Ian Rothwell, 55, became the first person to finish the world’s hottest curry at a UK restaurant while suffering hallucinations brought on by the dish. Truth to tell, drinking a glass of riot spray would have been cooler. And cooler. That’s what happens when you eat something with a reported six million Scoville units of heat in it. The curry is chock full of 20 Naga Infinity Chiles and has to be prepared by chefs wearing goggles and a face mask.
Dr Rothwell became the first out of 300 people to successfully tackle the curry at the Bindi restaurant in Grantham, Lincolnshire and said completing the challenge was harder than when he climbed Mount Kilimanjaro the year before.
After signing a disclaimer acknowledging his awareness of the risks involved with eating the curry, Dr Rothwell tore into the chicken dish using a bottle of Cobra beer to keep cool. He was rewarded with serious mouth burn and hallucinations. Thankfully, he was still wearing his pants when his wife found him wandering on the street and brought him back to finish the job. “My wife and the owner were quite worried and said I was hallucinating, but I managed to go back inside and finish the curry,” Rothwell says.
Like any good middle aged man with more balls than sense, decided to take up the challenge after his daughter’s boyfriend told him his friends had failed to eat the hot curry.
- 20 infinity naga chiles,
- 1 small tea spoon of pure naga extract
- 5 scotch bonnets
- 8 finger chiles
- 3 tea spoons of extra hot chile powder
- Bindi spice mix
- Chopped onions
- Tablespoon of salt
- If you decide to do this, update your will first.
- Prepare this death mixture outside, preferably near a toxic waste dump so no one will notice the difference when their eyes start to burn.
- Wear goggles and rubber gloves before handling the peppers.
- Chop the peppers.
- Mix all ingredients together.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Spicy Roasted Nuts - 03/01/2021
- Byron Bay Chilli Co | Chilli and Lime Skewered Prawns - 02/26/2021
- African Dream Foods Launches Spices and Sauces - 02/25/2021