Even the hardest chicken wingnut gets a little tired of the little red variations on poultry limbs smothered in crimson heat. If you know one of these fanatics, here’s your chance to throw them into a tailspin. A smoldering, hot tailspin painted in green. And it all comes courtesy of Nevin Montano of Disc-It and Kirk Muncrief of Albukirky Seasonings.
Late last year he entered his fiery fowl formula in the 4th Annual Disc-It Round Up in New Mexico. Judging ended with his green chile wings victorious and buckets of tears. Mostly the joyous weeping of those who’d crowned him king.
Disc-It’s Nevin Montano brought Kirk and his wing recipe to the public in a recent video post on the Disc-It website. Not only that, Kirk went the extra mile and is offering a 15% discount on his products when you mention the Disc-It during purchases.
If you want to try Kirk’s green chile wings for yourself, here’s the recipe.
- 2 lbs chicken winglets
- 2 tablespoons Albukirky Green Chile Rub
- For Crema:
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- 1 tablespoon Albukirky Green Chile Rub
- Wash and pat dry the chicken, then coat each in a light drizzle of cooking oil.
- Season both sides of the chicken with the rub. Cover it and refrigerate the chicken at least four hours (overnight is preferable).
- Fill the Disc-It (or a suitable subsitute) with cooking oil. Heat it to 375-400 degrees F.
- While the oil is heating, mix the ingredients for the crema.
- Add 5-20 pieces of chicken to the oil and cook them for 4-6 minutes or an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Move the wings to a paper towel, allow them to cool, and serve them with the crema.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Yelemecam Sadam (Lime Rice) - 04/14/2021
- Increasing Pepper Yield in Your Garden - 04/13/2021
- Spicy Chicken Salad with Macadamias | Byron Bay Chilli Co - 04/08/2021