Pumpkin Salsa is one of those items that’s so specialized it’s challenging to come up with new things to make with it. It goes with pork, though, and since I’m turning some smoked pulled swine into taquitos, making this as a fall holiday appetizer (or even a main dish) was an easy leap for my lazy self. And, as it turned out, an enjoyable one.
Pulled Pork Taquitos
- 1/2 lb pulled smoked pork
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup grated taco cheese blend
- 1/3 cup Mrs Renfro's Pumpkin Salsa
- 1 package 15-20 flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Mrs Renfro's Pumpkin Salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the pulled pork, cheddar cheese, softened cream cheese, and salsa in a bowl.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of that mixture on the half the tortilla closest to you, then roll tightly starting with that side. Do that over and over until you've filled the desired amount of taquitos.
- Place the taquitos on a cookie sheet, brush the tops of them with vegetable oil, and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- During the last five minutes of cooking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the cornstarch thoroughly, then stir in the sour cream.
- When the mixture becomes hot and bubbly, mix in the cheese and salsa. Continue stirring until the cheese has melted and the mixture begins to thicken. Serve it hot.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023