Arracheras—beef fajitas —are very popular all over Mexico but notwithstanding how easy they are to prepare, most people in central and south Mexico prefer the restaurant versions. Here is my “simple as it can be” favorite version.
Tacos de Arrachera
- 2 lbs beef fajitas whole
- 4 each medium avocado
- 20 each tortillas
- 2-3 each medium sized tomatoes
- 2 each chiles chipotles en adobo (canned)
- 1/4 each onion
- 1 clove garlic
- salt to taste
- In a charcoal grill using mesquite or oak charcoal, cook the meat that has been salted to your taste over coals (avoid flames).
- Once the meat is ready remove and heat the tortillas on the grill. Slice the meat and make tacos adding slices of avocado and salsa on top.
- Place more tortillas over the coals until they become tostadas. Reserve. Once you are done with the meat, prepare yourself some tostadas with avocado or guacamole or salsa. Cerveza improves the experience.
- Mix the ingredients in a molcajete or a blender (pulse mode) avoiding a purée consistency. A rough texture is desired.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023