Heaven forbid you should have leftover chicken in need of a good home. If so, the chili pot is nice and warm.
- 3 each chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 each bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can Hormel Chili with beans (just try it, you purist)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Place the chicken in a large, shallow dish. Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves and ground red pepper in a bowl and pour it over the chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the chicken to a heavy skillet; add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside. Bring the liquid to a boil and boil, uncovered until reduced to about ½ cup. Stir in the chili and chicken. Simmer 1 or 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve in bowls with the shredded cheese on top. Heat Scale: Mild
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa - 02/11/2023