This simple tri-tip rub was part of the Trash Can Smoker article I created over at Central. It’s very easy and still a favorite with my peeps.
- 1 3.5-5 lb tri-tip roast, trimmed
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 tbsp crushed balck pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ground habanero chile
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Mix all the spices in a bowl and spread the mixture evenly on a cutting board. Gently coat both sides of the tri-tip in the mixture.
- Barbecue the tri-tip until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 F at its thickest point (about 2-3 hours).
- Let it rest for 20 minutes, then slice against the grain and serve.
Share this Recipe
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Hot Sauced Shad Roe with Green Chile & Pepper Cheese Scrambled Eggs - 04/24/2023
- Traeger Grills Launches New Flatrock Grill - 02/22/2023
- Traeger Launches Re-Imagined Ironwood Grills - 02/15/2023