This kebab recipe from 2015 Scovie Award winner Papa Turts is perfect for summertime grilling…
Scovie Spotlight - Papa Turts Southeast Asian Inspired Turts Kababs
Heat Scale: Hot
Write a review
- 1 - 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp Papa Turts So Hot It Hurts hot sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 chiles (fresh or dried - we used fresh Serrano)
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt.
- Combine ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until well blended.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the marinade to use as a dipping sauce. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut 3-6 lbs of meat of your choice into 2 inch pieces (we used chicken breast and strip steak).
- Marinate the meat for 3 to 6 hours.
- Cut vegetables of your choice to 2 inch pieces (we used onion, yellow and red pepper, mushrooms). Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Thread meat onto skewers (we prefer stainless steel skewers) and thread veggies onto separate skewers. Discard any of the leftover marinade that the meat has been in.
- Heat the reserved 3/4 cup marinade in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and then and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Grill veggies and meat on high heat until cooked to safe temps (145 degrees steak and 165 degrees chicken internal temps... and don't overcook your steak!)
- You can serve with rice or pita bread, and soy sauce, coconut aminos, warm marinade dipping sauce, lime wedges, Papa Turts hot sauce, etc....
- For more product information and to order online visit www.papaturts.com
Burn Blog http://www.burn-blog.com/
The following two tabs change content below.
Managing Editor | Mark is a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. He’s our Do-It-Yourself specialist, and happily agrees to try pretty much every twisted project we come up with.
Latest posts by Mark Masker (see all)
- Grilled Vegetable Recipes For Kids Who Hate Vegetables - 07/20/2018
- Grilled Garlic Butter Corn - 07/20/2018
- Grilled Cabbage with Buttermilk-Herb Dressing - 07/20/2018